Walnuts are an excellent source of Omega-3 Fatty Acids and they are rich in Antioxidants. Walnut Halwa is very rich in Nutrients – as it contains other ingredients as well along with Indian Ghee.
1/2 cup Walnuts / Akhrot
1 cup Milk
1 1/2 tsp Clarified Butter / Desi ghee
1/2 cup Sugar
1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder / Elaichi powder
As needed Dry Fruits for garnishing
- Take ½ cup of Walnuts (Akhrot) in a bowl and add 1 cup of milk into it.
- Soak the Walnuts in Milk for 45 Min.
- After 45 Min in a blender add only soaked Walnuts and 2 tsp of milk and grind it into a coarse paste.
- Keep the remaining Milk in a bowl itself.
- Heat 1 ½ tsp of Clarified Butter (Ghee) in a pan.
- Add Walnuts paste and stir continuously on low flame until golden color.
- Then add remaining soaked Milk into the pan and stir continuously.
- Cover the lid and simmer on low flame until Walnuts soak all the Milk.
- Open the lid and stir in between repeatedly.
- Once Milk get soaked, add ½ cup of Sugar and stir continuously
- Add 1/4 tsp of cardamom (Elaichi) powder into the halwa.
- Walnut halwa is ready to serve hot and garnish with dry fruit slices.