No special occasion is complete without something sweet. Pista Burfi is a popular sweet recipe that can be prepared on festivals and occasions like Diwali. During such occasions, our whole refrigerator is stacked with sweets bought from outside. But what if we tell you that you can prepare these sweets at home as well. All you need is some pistachios, sugar, cardamom powder and ghee and you are good to go. These homemade delicacies are quite easy- to- make and are garnished with silver vark. This sweet dish has a nutty flavour with attractive colour, making it a tempting affair for those having a sweet tooth. They have a good shelf life and can be stored in an airtight container. Your kids will love this tasty burfis and won’t stop asking for more. You can put one or two pieces of these treats in your kid’s tiffin box and surprise them. Serve it at kitty parties, game nights and potlucks and earn compliments for your amazing culinary skills.
- To prepare this delicious burfis, soak the pistachios in warm water for about 20 minutes.
- Drain the water and remove the skin of the pistachios.
- Add the pistachios and 2- 3 drops of food colour in a mixer to blend them to form a smooth paste.
- Then, prepare sugar syrup by dissolving the sugar in the water.
- Add the pista paste to the sugar syrup and keep stirring. Add the cardamom powder and cook for a few minutes.
- Grease a plate using the ghee and spread the pista mixture on it. Allow it set for about an hour.
- Then, cut into desired shapes and garnish with the silver vark. Serve.