Badami Paneer Masala Recipe is a delicious and rich paneer recipe cooked in a rich almond based gravy. The almond renders an amazing nutty taste and the sweetness of almond is balanced with the other mild spices added to the recipe. Almonds and onions are made into a paste and then cooked along with tomato puree and spices. Then the fried paneer is added and served.
Serve the Badami Paneer Masala Recipe along with Butter Chapati/Naan, Fried Rice Or Hot Puri in dinner.
- 200-gram paneer
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, roughly chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 green cardamoms
- 4 cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- pinch of sugar
- fresh coriander, for garnish
- few slivered almonds, for garnish
- Soak the almonds for a few hours and then peel off the skin.
- Cut the paneer into bite-size. Then, rub some salt and ½ teaspoon turmeric to the paneer cubes.
- Heat some oil in a pan and shallow fry the paneer cubes until their golden brown on all the sides. Once done, keep them aside to be used later.
- In the same pan, add 1 tablespoon of oil and drop the fennel seeds, cardamom and cloves. Allow it to sizzle and infuse the oil.
- Next, drop the garlic and scatter the onion. Sprinkle salt, rest of the turmeric and sugar. Cook until its mild golden in colour.
- Once done, transfer it to a blender along with tomato and almonds. Grind it to a smooth or coarse paste.
- Transfer the paste back to the same pan and give it a stir. Add cumin powder, coriander powder and chilli powder.
- Cook for a few minutes until the raw smell of tomato is gone.
- Finally, drop the fried paneer cubes and ½ cup of water. Give it a stir and cook for a couple more minutes. Taste for salt and add any, if required.
- Garnish with some finely chopped fresh coriander and slivered almonds.