vegetarian 4 servings
- 2 cups Raisins
- 250 ml full cream milk
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- ghee roasted cashews and raisins
- few drops vanilla essence
- Grind raisins to a smooth paste in a mixer grinder with 1/2 cup water.
- Heat ghee in a frying pan and roast cashews and raisins and keep aside.
- Add full cream milk and cardamom powder to the remaining ghee and when the milk boils, add sugar and stir till the sugar gets dissolved completely.
- Then add the ground raisin paste and vanilla essence to the full-cream milk.
- Saute for 30-40 mins at least till ghee separates from the mixture( stirring continuously).
- Add the ghee roasted cashews and raisins and mix well.
- Serve this Tasty raisin Halwa hot or chilled.